Boerewors is not just for braaing and boereworsbrakke anymore! This South Africa delicacy is quite versatile. Here is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious boerewors stew.
What you’ll need:
- 1 onion
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 350 grams boerewors
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- Slice the onion and fry in hot canola oil with the cumin, paprika and turmeric.
- Cut the Grabouw boerewors into bite-sized pieces and brown with the onions.
- Add the chopped garlic, chilli flakes, dried oregano, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and beef stock.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and season.
- Serve on mashed potatoes.
Send us a message
Leave your details below including a short message and a financial consultant will contact you.
Licensed South African Financial Services Provider FSP # 42872